HIGHLIGHTING THE PROBLEM
- Social, Judicial and Political Aspects:
- Passive safety devices
- Traps for humans: How does the ambulant guillotine work?
- Estimating the forces acting during a collision
- The treacherous "wedge effect"
- How to define the ground clearance for a safe underride guard
- Consequences of a collision with a high underride guard
- Basic truck owner reasons for opposing rear underride guards
- Existing standards are inadequate
- Roving guillotines around the world:
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- Designs and Tests:
- First Guard Designed by the Impact Project Team: The Articulated Guard
- The Pliers Underride Guard
- CRASH TEST #1: Guard Constructed According to the Brazilian Standard (CONTRAN Regulation No. 805/95) and European Standard (ECE R58)...
- CRASH TEST #2: Articulated Guard...
- CRASH TEST #3: The Pliers Underride Guard...
MISCELLANEOUS Site map